Saturday, March 23, 2013

Slow going

It has been a year since my last post and I was hoping I would have a working system going long before now. 

One of my problems has been the increasing pain I have been experiencing in my knees. After a number of Doctors visits and X-Rays etc I am booked in to have a double knee replacement operation on the 12th of April. I will probably be out of action until at least mid July. 

However, I have managed to do a bit of work on the project despite my handicap. Here are some pictures  .

A future 300lt grow bed
The site
To be sunk into the ground, lined and used as a 1000lt fish pond
I am constantly coming across other people doing similar things. For example, only today I  found this article on   The Ecoponics Wave Grow Frame. I have not had a chance to study it fully but it seems like this guy is trying to create something similar that could operate without electricity. He too is keen on using this technology in developing countries. 

I would love to be able to build something that does not rely on electricity. Who knows, The Ecoponics Wave Grow Frame may well have an impact on my current project. We will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment